1. FIRST, visit the public office to purchase a buyer's card. All Bidders MUST have a buyer's card.
Vehicles purchased without a buyer's card are subject to an additional fee. Vehicles purchased with a buyer's card will be
titled and registered in the name listed on the buyer’s card. In order to acquire temporary registration tags, where available, the name on the
buyer's card must also match the name appearing on the proof of insurance certificate.
A fee will be charged for any NAME CHANGE made after a bid is won and a vehicle is purchased. Buyers must be 18 or older.
2. Know what you are buying!
Please examine vehicles before bidding. You may inspect vehicles in the outside storage area before the auction. If you are not familiar with
vehicles and their mechanical systems, you are welcome to bring along someone who is.
How to read our windshield specifications:
A-1: This is the 1st vehicle to run through lane A
98: Year of vehicle
4831902: Stock # of the vehicle
1-19: Auction date
3. Listen carefully to all announcements.
Familiarize yourself with the 'Light System' and 'Selling Policy' sections of this brochure. When bidding, be
sure to raise your hand in a manner that allows the auctioneer to see your bid and keep your bidder badge in clear view.
4. Know what you are bidding on before you bid.
For example: DO NOT buy a vehicle with a standard transmission when you really wanted an automatic; or a vehicle that has 110,000
miles on it, when you thought it only had 10,000 miles. SATISFY YOURSELF.Remember once you win a bid on a vehicle you own it!
5. Subject to the sellers' approval, the last bidder is obligated to purchase the vehicle. Note: Vehicles are not
guaranteed to pass state inspection, where applicable.
6. On-Approval Vehicles.
Seller is required to provide MDAA notification of high bid acceptance by the end of the following business day. However, the majority of “On Approval”
vehicles received acceptance or rejection by 12:00 P.M. of the following business day.
7. If you are a successful bidder, please complete the following steps:
Immediately proceed to the auction block and present your MASON DIXON buyer's card to the clerk.
Sign the Block Ticket.
Pay your cash deposit of $400 or 30% of the vehicle purchase price, whichever is greater. This deposit will hold your vehicle until 5:00 P.M. the
second business day. A $50.00 late fee will be charged for all vehicles not paid for in full within 2 business days. Cars left over 5 business days
are subject to be resold. You will forfeit any deposits or fees paid.
7. We accept the following forms of payment for vehicle purchases:
Cash, cashier’s check, certified checks, money orders, debit cards, and traveler’s checks. Credit cards including: Visa, MasterCard and Discover
are accepted up to $1,000.00 per transaction for deposit only.
American Express is NOT accepted at Mason Dixon
8. To complete your vehicle purchase, proceed to the public counter in the office and pay the remaining balance.
Vehicles cannot be removed from the auction premises until paid for in full.
9. To receive temporary tags, you must present MDAA with a valid insurance card with the buyer name, insurance company name, policy number, agent
name, and valid effective and expiration dates.
10. Your gate pass and receipt showing full payment must be presented at the exit gate to remove the vehicle from MDAA premises.
11. Once the vehicle has been paid for, all sales are final. The only exception is contained in the Frame and Rust Policy more fully set forth in this